Re: [teacherartexchange] California Arts Money

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 07:20:41 PST

Hi Suzette and Ken. I asked my principal about the CA art money supposedly
coming in and her reply was that the district hasn't received it yet and
would not disperse it until it was actually "in hand". When I told her
someone in San Jose had already gotten their share, she said that some
districts, knowing it was coming, gave it out prematurely but that our
district wouldn't do that. She also told me SHE would make the decision
where the money would be divided as SHE would be making the decisions what
electives will be for next year.

We have no district "art plan" for state standards in our district. We're
each pretty much on our own to see that they are covered in middle school.
Toodles....Bunki