[teacherartexchange] NAEA 2007 Convention - TAB and Friends of TAB Presentations

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 05:39:06 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Here is an updated list of the TAB and Friends of TAB presentations at
National Art Education Association Convention. (TAB - Teaching for
Artistic Behavior Partnership tm). I sure would love to sit in on some
of these. Hope you can make time to attend.

The TAB Partnership is presenting six sessions in New York:

Wednesday 3 PM
Think about IT: How School Rebels and Others Find Success in the Choice-based
classroom
Kathy Douglas and Nan Hathaway

Thursday 2 PM
Luckyville: Students Take Ownership of the School Art Exhibit
Diane Jaquith

Friday 4 PM
Whose Idea is It, Anyway?
Diane Jaquith

Friday 9 PM
Authentic Printmaking Techniques for the Busy Classroom
Kathy Douglas

Saturday 11 AM
Kindergarten Alert! DBAE and Choice-based Art Education in the Kindergarten
Art Program
Clyde Gaw, Connie McClure, Clark Fralick

Saturday� 2 PM
Digital Dynamics: Wired in the Choice Art Room
Clyde Gaw, Clark Fralick

In addition, High School teacher Barbara Andrews will be presenting two
sessions on student-centered art at that level:
WED 11 AM
Educating the Whole Child

SAT 2 PM
Art: The Heimlich Maneuver for At-Risk Students

Also from this list and friends of TAB:

4 PM Thursday
The Art of Creating Live TV
Harold Olejarz

9PM Friday
Children's Video Art Film Festival
Ilona Szekely, George Szekely

8PM Saturday
Exploring Self Through Images and PhotoShop
Cynthia Gaub

Watch for the national Teaching for Artistic Behavior display in the lobby of
the Hilton convention hotel.� We hope to see many of you in New York City!

I will compile all of the presentations that have been posted... I am
waiting for the list form AP Studio. NAEA 2007 Convention is March
14-18, New York, New York

Regards,

Judy Decker