[teacherartexchange] Teaching for Artistic Behavior - Good thread now on TAB list

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 17:54:11 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Many of you are considering TAB Choice (Teaching for Artistic
Behavior)..... and ask "How can I cover the standards?" ...."What if
my administrator doesn't get it?"....
There are a number of excellent posts on how to deal with an
administrator and some tips on covering the standards in the recent
TAB Choice Art Ed list archives.
The posts start with answers to one teacher who feels she has to stop
offering choice.
Click messages - then go back to where the posts begin.
Be sure to read Kathy Douglas's posts in particular.

Archives are open to all. If you want to post, you will have sign up.

As I said in an earlier post, when I looked at Ohio standards, I felt
Choice was the only way to cover some of the standards - those for
creating art. Some standards will need teacher direction as most
students would not choose to learn all of the Ohio history on their
own.

Regards,

Judy Decker