[teacherartexchange] Contemporary artist to share - Rachel Citrino

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 13:49:58 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Some of you are looking for contemporary artists....

I just added a link to Rachel Citrino - New Jersey artist:
http://www.rachelcitrino.com/

If you like the bold paintings of Kandinsky and bold expressionists'
work, you will like her work as well.... Allow your students to free
paint using color for expression - then compare and contrast to
Rachel's work.

Read what the site says about her work.
excerpt:
Citrino paints memory maps and practices a wild and joyful archeology.
Only an artist who is so confidently alive can dig the earth and sift
through memory shards with such feral certainty. As Citrino herself
once said, "I want to use words that don't exist yet so in the
meantime, I make visual art".

If you find contemporary art that interests you, share with the list -
or forward on to me.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department