[teacherartexchange] Amusement Park Art -- Rosemarie Fiore, NYC

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 11:23:18 PST

So, what happens when you attach an air compresser, rubber tubing, and
buckets of paint to a scrambler and turn it on?

You get something like a combination of a Spirograph and amusement
park ride, and one HUGE work of art. This had to have been fun to
produce! It's fun just to think about.

Artist Rosmarie Fiore came up with the idea of Scrambler Drawings, and
the exhibit was installed at the Queens Museum in Flushing, NY.

Link: http://www.rosemariefiore.com/pages.php
content=gallery.php&navGallID=4&activeType=nonNestGall

This would be a cool idea for a lesson, although I don't know how you
would pull it off. It could be done on much smaller scale, maybe with
smaller machines and crayons, but there is a safety issue... I don't
think I would want to turn kids loose with crayons attached to mixers,
but it's something to think about. If anyone has any ideas, sing out!

She has some awesome, more traditional art, too, along with some
really cool extended-exposure photos of video games.

Link: http://www.rosemariefiore.com/pages.php?content=gallery.php&navGallID=12

and "Yard" an installation exhibit of "trees" made out of 5,500 Royal
Pine Air Fresheners and telephone poles.

Link: http://www.rosemariefiore.com/pages.php?content=gallery.php&navGallID=5

Becky