Re:[teacherartexchange] Need Help With Ceramics (glazing)

---------

From: leah from work (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 08:34:46 PST

Wow - THANKS TIM... you should be an Art Teacher! <g>

I appreciate your very thorough response. It helps me to understand more
about the process. I have a very limited budget and it is only because of
the very generous work of one of our fund raising parents that we get to use
this wonderful clay and then glaze it.

Judy had graciously emailed me ASAP to let me know I was not in the danger
zone, but it feels so good to know you're all out there - especially when I
tread into new territory!

I really would not want to mess this up - the end result will be another
fund raising activity in April - a Southwestern themed chili cook-off - with
and "empty bowl" auction.... the bowls of course are to be made by my
students and sold back to their parents!

All of this is in my spare time, between teaching, being a "student teacher"
creating my work sample and my own "teaching portfolio." I sort of wish I'd
chosen this for my work sample - as kids doing clay can be very photogenic -
and last week when I was being observed by my principal - I had one of my
ELS kids teach her how to make a flower bowl from a slab...

Now that was a Kodak moment! Of course, I am not sure I want to take out
the digi-camera when I am up to my elbows in clay!

I am now "counting the days" as this school year wraps up - I have been at
the charter school for 6 years now, and upon completing this semester I will
be certified to teach anywhere in Colorado - I am visualizing myself
teaching in a school with a great staff, wonderful leadership, and an
artroom that is bigger than 16' x 18.' I need to be really careful what I
visualize - I don't want to leave out something important!

Conjuring in Colorado!

Leah