[teacherartexchange] Armando Reverón - web surf - NY Times article

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 05:28:02 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am always looking for interesting artists to share.....

Here is an artist shared in New York Times today.
Armando Reverón Venezuelan artist (1889–1954)

Art Review | Armando Reverón
Modernist in Loincloth and Feathers
By HOLLAND COTTER
Published: February 9, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/09/arts/design/09reve.html?_r=1&ref=design&oref=slogin
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html
The Museum of Modern Art offers a magnetic, bizarre and haunting show
of works by the Latin American modernist. Includes slide show - some
works for mature students.

Biography (maybe this came from MoMA?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armando_Rever%C3%B3n

About the exhibit:
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2007/Armando_Reveron.html
http://www.moma.org/ (some of his works appear in their banner)

A few works:
http://www.artnet.com/artist/555478/armando-reveron.html

More can be found for those interested. I really liked his dolls!

Regards,

Judy Decker