Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Armando Reverón - web surf - NY Times article

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 05:28:02 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am always looking for interesting artists to share.....

Here is an artist shared in New York Times today.
Armando Reverón Venezuelan artist (1889–1954)

Art Review | Armando Reverón
Modernist in Loincloth and Feathers
Published: February 9, 2007
The Museum of Modern Art offers a magnetic, bizarre and haunting show
of works by the Latin American modernist. Includes slide show - some
works for mature students.

Biography (maybe this came from MoMA?)

About the exhibit: (some of his works appear in their banner)

A few works:

More can be found for those interested. I really liked his dolls!

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to