[teacherartexchange] Current Events - Ancient China Archaeology (NY Times)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2007 - 05:06:28 PST

Dear Art Educators,,

Many of you like to bring in current events with your lessons....

Here is news for you units on China.
Olympic Construction Unearths Ancient Treasure Trove
By JIM YARDLEY
Published: February 8, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/world/asia/08archaeology.html?_r=1&ref=design&oref=slogin
"Along the city's northern rim, surveyors examined the sites for the
main Olympic stadiums and discovered archaeological remains tracing
back 2,000 years to the Han Dynasty. In all, archaeologists excavated
700 ancient burial sites and recovered 1,538 artifacts, including
porcelain urns and jade jewelry, while collecting more than 6,000
ancient coins."

More news:
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

New York Times online is FREE. It only takes a few minutes to check
each day for tid-bits you can use in your classes.

I found out about NY Times years ago - from a list member....So I will
keep posting when something interests me. I know some of you share my
same interests (smile).

Regards,

Judy Decker