Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Chinese New Years

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 23:45:25 PST

Chinese New Years is also a good time to make woodblock or linoleum prints
for exchanging. Traditionally, prints were hung or pasted on the wall at
New Years. In Japan they exchange New Year prints just as we do Christmas
cards. This year being Year of the Boar (or pig), that is often the subject
of the print. I think you can find relevant material on the Internet. One
place to look is or

Jean Womack
Richmond, California

To unsubscribe go to