Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] "Race: Are We So Different" Educational web site

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 16:33:35 PST

Dear List Members,

I am cross posting here....

This site is recommended by Tom Daccord in his Teaching History with
Technology Newsletter .

"Race: Are We So Different"

"Race: Are We So Different" is an excellent educational web site from
the American Anthropological Association that explores race from three
lenses: History, Human Variation, and Lived Experience. The History
section provides articles on race from the 1600s to the present while
the Human Variation section explores human biology and genetics. The
Lived Experience section is heavily interactive, with a Game of Life
Experience, a Race Blog, a Sports Quiz, and more. There are
educational materials available for download at the site as well as
impressive multimedia features: You can watch a movie about a teenage
girl's experience and take a 3D trip into cell structure. In all,
"Race: Are We So Different" is a great introductory web site for
students into the complex issue of race. (Review is by Tom Daccord).

I will be adding a link on my Cultural Diversity page or World page.

To see more recommended sites - and great resources for teaching
history - go to:

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources