Re: [teacherartexchange] Mac Question

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 21:29:13 PST

Michal,
        I assume you have OSX operating system on your mac.
Here are some sites about repairing permissions.
http://kb.iu.edu/data/aoxn.html
http://guides.macrumors.com/Repairing_Permissions
http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/repairprocess.html
http://www.ncmug.org/tips/repair_permissons.html
                        Woody

On Feb 5, 2007, at 7:30 PM, M. Austin wrote:

> Hi Clare - actually I believe it was my question that sparked this
> mini-discussion. I would love to discuss my problem with one of
> those "Mac Geniuses" that you mentioned. I built my PC by
> purchasing individual parts so I got the computer I wanted. I am
> the computer nerd at my school, with my passion for computers,
> electronic toys, etc. But alas, I own ONE Mac that has ONE stupid
> program ($1000 software!) that I use and that one stupid program
> won't open. I posted my problem on the Mac newbie forum, and my
> post now has 72 views, with one response that says "Repairing
> permissions is always a good starting point." I wish I had one of
> those "nerds" nearby to explain what permissions are! *L* As the
> self-appointed Flinthills computer nerd, geek, pick-your-name, I
> didn't find your comment "flip", but rather gave me a view of the
> different resources we each have. The closest we have to a Mac
> store in my area is the very small corner of the nearby CompUSA
> store! Oh, and as to my problem, I'm still trying to figure out how
> to uninstall a program on a Mac so I can try reinstalling it - that
> or figure out what the heck permissions are and where they are
> hidden! *L*
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
>

>> I hope I did not offend you or any other Mac Geniuses. I was
>> feeling stress from several non-appreciative High School students
>> when I wrote that reply. I did not mean to sound so 'flip'.
>> Thanks again.
>> Clare in CA.

> teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque