Re: [teacherartexchange] Mac Question

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 18:30:34 PST

Hi Clare - actually I believe it was my question that sparked this
mini-discussion. I would love to discuss my problem with one of those "Mac
Geniuses" that you mentioned. I built my PC by purchasing individual parts
so I got the computer I wanted. I am the computer nerd at my school, with my
passion for computers, electronic toys, etc. But alas, I own ONE Mac that
has ONE stupid program ($1000 software!) that I use and that one stupid
program won't open. I posted my problem on the Mac newbie forum, and my post
now has 72 views, with one response that says "Repairing permissions is
always a good starting point." I wish I had one of those "nerds" nearby to
explain what permissions are! *L* As the self-appointed Flinthills computer
nerd, geek, pick-your-name, I didn't find your comment "flip", but rather
gave me a view of the different resources we each have. The closest we have
to a Mac store in my area is the very small corner of the nearby CompUSA
store! Oh, and as to my problem, I'm still trying to figure out how to
uninstall a program on a Mac so I can try reinstalling it - that or figure
out what the heck permissions are and where they are hidden! *L*
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids