[teacherartexchange] Peace Tiles :: World AIDS Day 2007 Invitation

---------

From: berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 17:31:13 PST

Subject: Peace Tiles :: World AIDS Day 2007 Invitation --> Pass it on!
From: "Lars Hasselblad Torres" <lars@tagstudio.net>

Dear friends,

You are warmly invited to participate in this year's Peace Tiles
activities in the
run-up to World AIDS Day (December 1, 2007). Over the last two years it
has been a
privilege to work with communities around the country and around the
world to help
brighten the spotlight on the global HIV/AIDS pandemic. Inspired by the
work of my
wife and her colleagues at the Womens Collective
(http://www.womenscollective.org)
and by Bob Bilheimer's film, "A Closer Walk,"
(http://www.acloserwalk.org) the Peace
Tiles project seeks to foster conditions for change -- awareness,
openness, and
empathy -- so necessary for survival and overcoming.

This year, the aim of the Peace Tiles World AIDS Day effort will be to
take what has
been learned about what works over the last two years, and channel those
lessons
back into a global visual conversation about HIV/AIDS. This year's
efforts begin
with the simple premise that, no matter who you are, where you live and
how you
live, your life has probably been impacted by the global HIV/AIDS pandemic.

There are many ways you can get involved:

1: Host a Peace Tiles workshop in your community (Learn more at:
http://www.telecommunity.us/peacetiles/wad2007signup)
2: Help us find sponsored Peace Tiles mural sites in your community
(email me at
peacetiles@gmail.com <../src/compose.php?send_to=peacetiles%40gmail.com>
for more information or if you have ideas)
3: Volunteer to be a Peace Tiles exchange artist (Learn more at:
http://www.omidyar.net/group/peacetiles/ws/wad2007artists/)
4: Sponsor a workshop in a community requesting assistance (Learn more at:
https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/wad2007workshops)
5: Contribute to our artist travel fund (Learn more at:
https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/wad2007artistsfund)
6: Purchase Peace Tiles items at our Cafe Press store (Visit the store at:
http://www.cafepress.com/peacetiles)
7: Be a Peace Tiles ambassador and excite others about the movement! Visit
http://www.peacetiles.net and let others know about the effort).

I Invite you to join me in discussing what else we might do collectively
to brighten
the spotlight on the global AIDS epidemic at the Omidyar Network (you
will need to
create a free account to post comments):
http://www.omidyar.net/group/peacetiles/news/47/

Many thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you. Stay strong,

lars
-----
Lars Hasselblad Torres
www.peacetiles.net