Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] Buying a kiln..advice from Judy (formerly at Sax)

---------

From: jdnag (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 08:28:31 PST

Hi All, I know this is well after the discussion but I have been on vacation
and am just now reading messages. Tim's advice is right on the money.
While working at Sax, I devised a worksheet that had to be filled out with
all pertinent information that HAD to be filled out before we would even
process an order. I have an additional hint to suggest. Please remember to
check with the powers that be to make sure you even have wiring in the kiln
room. I had an inexperienced teacher contact me who thought you could just
plug the kiln in and it would work. She was extremely disappointed when she
received shipment of her kiln and had to wait for an entire year so that the
following year's budget could include wiring for the art room.

To all of my old friends I send my greetings. FYI We are enjoying
retirement very much! Best regards and hugs to you...Judy, Formerly of Sax
Arts & Crafts

Judy Nagel
jdnag@elknet.net