[teacherartexchange] Way to go Lynn

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 16:21:56 PST

A good friend of mine, Lynn Felts, from Winfield Kansas was selected
as the National Secondary Art Educator.
This article was in Albuquerque's Sunday paper. Way to go girl !!
                                        Woody

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Art Teacher With N.M. Ties Wins National Award

By Liz Otero
Of the Journal
     AROUND TOWN: Former Albuquerque resident Lynn Felts a high
school art teacher at Winfield High School in Winfield, Kan., was
recently named National Secondary Art Educator.
     The award will be presented at the Hilton New York and Towers in
midtown Manhattan on March 15. Her parents, Ret. Air Force Col. and
Mrs. Charles Watkins, her sister Susan Baca and Susan's daughter Roni
Baca, all of Albuquerque, will join Felts at the ceremony.
     "I'm very excited to get this award, and I'm so happy that it'll
be in New York," Felts said. "It's such an honor to me because there
are thousands of other art teachers that are just as qualified— if
not more so. It's humbling to me to be selected."
     Felts also has two brothers, Bruce Watkins of Albuquerque and
Charles Watkins of Santa Fe, and a brother-in-law, Ron Baca of
Albuquerque.
     Felts attended Wilson Junior High School and Highland High
School in Albuquerque. She also attended the University of New Mexico
in fall 1970. The family moved frequently because of her father's
career in the Air Force.
     Felts married Mike Felts during the balloon fiesta in
Albuquerque, and they made Kansas their home. She still visits
Albuquerque several times a year.
     She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southwestern College in
Winfield, Kan., and a Master of Art Education from Wichita State
University.
     As part of her obligation for this award, she will give a
national presentation on the best practices in secondary art
education at the National Art Education Association Convention in New
Orleans in 2008.

Woody Duncan woodyduncan@comcast.net

January 19, 2009 Be Patience America

Join the Campaign Now