Re: [teacherartexchange] Portrait exchange project--middle school

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 09:00:40 PST

I teach a high school class where 3 schools are connected live via
camera/tv. Last year to help my students get comfortable with being on
camera and to help the classes get used to interacting with one another I
had them verbally describe their house where they live. I then collected all
copies (the other schools faxed them to me) and I shuffled them all up and
redistributed them. The students had to draw the house by the description.
ALL students were amazed at how important the written description was, and
several told me that they had never realized that their roof did this, a
window was there, trim went here. By the end of the assignment students were
asking each other questions and it was amazing at how well they turned out
in the end. NOT an easy task for them, but they will learn so much! Good
luck and keep us all updated!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids