Re: [teacherartexchange] Portrait exchange project--middle school

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 06:09:23 PST

I applaud you middle school teachers out there doing portraits,
especially self-portraits
with your kids. Nothing is more important in the scheme of things
than the introspective
activity of doing a portrait. I understand the artistic skills
developed by portraits, but
do not forget the self esteem aspects involved as well. I use to do
an whole semester around
the motif of the face with seventh graders. It was a wonderfully
rewarding experience. Here
is a glance at their faces:
http://www.taospaint.com/LessonSelfPortraitPrints.html
                Do keep self-portraits high in your lesson plans, Woody

>> Hello, all--
>>
>> I am still looking for a class of about 22 middle school students
>> who could
>> participate in my portrait exchange project. My eighth graders
>> are ready to
>> go! The project (short version) involves creating portraits based
>> on an
>> exchange of written descriptions only. At the end of the project,
>> students receive
>> the portraits created of them and a photo of the student whose
>> portrait they
>> created.
>>
>> Please respond to me at Inertiakat@aol.com ASAP if interested.
>>
>> Thanks!