Re: [teacherartexchange] Portrait exchange project--middle school

---------

From: Peggy Woolsey (eoolspeg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 05:46:38 PST

Hi Irene,
Sorry on the delay getting back to you--totally insane week. My
middle schoolers are ready to go on the portraits. I was wondering if
we might add something to the mix. In an effort to make the most of
the exchange between our two very different parts of the world, might
we include a description of the environment of the students. For
example, some of the details of the student's "background" from
geography to personal interests, for example, in my case, a student
could be snowboarding in the background, or canoeing on the river,
etc. The idea would be to generate subjects that would give a sense
of place to the portraits (in the background). it could be a good
exercise in descriptive analysis and looking for symbolic content.
What do you think? Again, I apologize for the slowness--my situation
is such that I only see the kids once a week, so this could take awhile.
Thanks
Peggy