[teacherartexchange] teach art middle school

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 03:48:36 PST

I would be leery of offering high school credit in middle school. Up here
that is their way of having high school student not experience ANY fine art
in their 4 years. think about why they are offering it. Seeing it as a
hurtle and not a meaningful experience?

Kids in middle school really want to know what the offering is more
specific 1/2 hear or trimester offerings that the title gives a clue to
what is being offered , more Choices.

Many kids really want to learn to drew realistically or in Japanese Anime
style or...

Look at what the elective will be blocked off against. Middle school
student should not have to choose Music or visual art or Drama or creative
writing..... Many of my High School kids are multi talented and are forced
to abandon one interest early.