Re: [teacherartexchange] cool new twist on still life???

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 20:02:59 PST

I used to have my HS drawing students do a still life of the insides of
their lockers as a kind of self-portrait. I talked about what the
inside of their lockers revealed about themselves (messy, organized,
empty?). They could not rearrange or neaten up their lockers.
Alternatively, they could partially dump the contents of their backpacks
onto a table and draw that. We had tables in the commons area where
they could work. It was a privilege to work in the hallways and they
knew it, so I had very few problems; I just continously circulated
around the halls.

Maggie