[teacherartexchange] looking for good paint smocks

---------

From: Jeryl Hollingsworth (holl5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 16:32:10 PST

I second the opinion of not spending $ on smocks if you can help it. I ask
for parents to send paint shirts in the first of the year letter. Men's
dress shirts buttoned backwards work best. Yes, they line up and button
each other. One of my favorite photos on my web page shows it -completely
originated by the students.
  http://www.anderson4.k12.sc.us/schools/les/art/art.htm
I ask the classroom teachers to keep their paint shirts in a box in their
room ( I don't have storage for 24 classes) and a student brings the box
and takes it back. I do keep about 20 shirts in my room,hung on a wall
rack in the storage room so they can borrow. Usually only the younger
classes K-2 use shirts. I have one kdg teacher who gathered a bunch of
men's lg white t-shirts and she uses those with all her students and
washes them every time the class wears them. She must have more time than
me!!
         Jeryl in SC