Re: [teacherartexchange] cool new twist on still life???

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 12:34:58 PST

on 2/28/06 10:50 AM, Marvin Bartel at marvinpb@goshen.edu wrote:

>> i really don't want a bunch of paintings of the same
>> thing!!! for art 1's, high school... am thinking of
>> having students draw _some_ objects from a still life
>> at their tables, as usual, but then asking them to
>> choose a theme and find mag pix to draw along with the
>> real objects. anyone do/see anything like this, or
>> have any other FUN, creative ideas? i want more
>> original/individual ideas, not just adding designs or
>> distorting...
>> thanks!!!!!!
>> :D wendy free

When I do the cubistic still lifes, I generally make groupings of items I
got at yard sales...about three separate groups. I don't "set" them up but
spread the items out and the kids are allowed to go to any grouping they see
and pick out an item(s) visually and draw it. They cannot remove the item
though. Then they "put their items together on paper" and form a still-life.
You can see examples here....

http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/NEWKramer/KramerMain.html

Toodles.....Bunki