Re: [teacherartexchange] interview questions

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 10:27:07 PST

>You wrote:
>. . . .I went to an interview for a public school art job and the woman that interviewed me . . . . asked me to tell her the CURRICULUMS for ALL grade levels in the following medias: painting, drawing and ceramics. . . . How should I prepare for this possibly happening again?

As an interviewer, the purpose is to assess the candidates preparation and abilities in comparison to other candidates. I think this interviewer is asking the right thing. You want to a teacher that knows the field.

As a candidate, I would respond by saying that this is a great question, and follow with an articulate philosophy of art education, offering at least one good painting, drawing, and ceramics example to clarify my philosophy of art education. This is difficult, but certainly worth preparing because it is the same preparation needed teach.

Best wishes for your next interview.

Marvin
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/ideas.html