Re: [teacherartexchange] One day projects - teacherartexchange archives

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 04:49:26 PST

Greetings Kristina,

To access the archives.... enter your key word search in Google and
add teacherartexchange. I just entered one day project high school
teacherartexchange and got some hits.

Here are some suggestions from me:

Have your students do some Independent projects. Those who are
stragglers, will do easier Independent projects.... your earlier
finishers on the required projects would have a more involved
Independent project. There is a lesson plan on Incredible Art
Department.

Have some required writing assignments (writing across the curriculum
is so important). The earlier finishers could get them done in class,
while those taking their time could do them as home work. Some of the
writing could be reflections about the project - or reflection on some
related artist to the project.

Have students do sketchbook assignments - those who are taking their
time could do them as homework.

Have media explorations.... work on learning new techniques. This
would be a good time for you to explore TAB Choice on a small scale.
Experiment with these early finishers and see how it goes. With TAB
Choice in practice, you don't have this problem with early
finishers....everyone is working independently on their own project.

If the high school student is rushing through and not doing quality
work, I would work on getting him/her to take their time and think
more about what they are doings.

You will find a page of One Day Assignments on Incredible Art
Department (mainly for elementary and middle school - but you could
grab ideas for high school, too).

You will find lots of sketchbook ideas on IAD as well as a file for
Free Time Activities.

I always found ways to extend the projects we were doing - often the
early finishers were make a special frame for their work. The sixth
grade often had stories to write about the project.

If you need more ideas - please contact me off list with more specific
projects you are working on.

Regards,

Judy Decker