Re: [teacherartexchange] Looking for good paint smocks for K-4

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 18:23:26 PST

I have a question for those of you using
shirt/t-shirts for smocks - I was advised in an art ed
class, not to use these for fear of head lice - and
that if I did I would need one per kid that is stored
in a plastic bag - which is totally unmanageable as I
see approximately 700 kids per week. So, I've been
looking for plastic smocks for 3-5th graders, I've
found some for K-2 but it is harder to find the ones
for the bigger kids. (Some of these 5th graders are
bigger than I am, which really isn't saying that much,
but still!!)

In any case, is the advice that I got re: lice
over-cautious?

chris massingill
Central Arkansas