Re: [teacherartexchange] Looking for good paint smocks for K-4

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 16:19:16 PST

Sue,

Last year a parent brought me a huge garbage bag full of Ts and polos
donated by a friend who had an embroidery business. These were mistakes
that she couldn't use/sell. Most were quite large and more than covered
most of my 5-8 graders. I did have to confiscate the one Hooters shirt
and one that said "Caca Pasa," but otherwise they were great. As long
as the students didn't actually brush the paint on themselves (or each
other), or spill very dirty water in their laps, the tempera didn't soak
through. The students could not change into old clothes as there was a
uniform policy in effect.

As someone mentioned, you should call Nasco and complain. They will
probably replace the smocks.

Maggie