Re: [teacherartexchange] Looking for good paint smocks for K-4

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 12:30:26 PST

I used old long-sleeve shirts/blouses with success. Kids quickly learned how
to help each other button the shirts (placed on backwards) by lining up in a
train - very cute! Didn't have problems with paint bleeding through. Having
kids roll up their school clothes sleeves also is helpful. Simple aprons
tend not to cover enough of the clothing. Teaching in inner-city schools, I
didn't have much success in kids bringing in shirts from home - I had a box
at school (regularly washed them). For me, it was most important that kids
were able to enjoy the painting experience without fear of getting their
clothes dirty.

Melissa