Re: [teacherartexchange] Looking for good paint smocks for K-4

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 12:19:41 PST

I rarely use paint smocks with my grade schoolers. I show them how to be
careful and to pay attention to what they are doing. However, there are
always certain students that "need" covered (you know the kids who get paint
on them before you even pass it out! *L*). I have aprons that were donated
by the local grocery store (Dillon's) and they are great. Or have the kids
bring old shirts from. home. I personally wouldn't use my budget money on
smocks - save those $$$ for the fun stuff! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids