Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Don't throw out those old socks! Make ART!!! soft sculptures

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 07:57:04 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Amy told me (and art education list) about this FUN artist/crafter.

John Murphy -Stupid Creatures:

From Amy:

This website has some really cool soft sculpture ideas. Everything
this artist makes is made out of socks. I have his book and it looks
pretty good, though I haven't actually tried to make a creature yet.
I just bought the book! I will share it with anyone who wants it. I
wrote to John. I am hoping to me put a lesson plan on line linking to
his stuff. I have some sock creatures images already from a friend of
mine from Isle of Wight.

Folks PLEASE continue to share good stuff you find.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to