Re: [teacherartexchange] Service Learning Opportunity - Artists to Soldiers

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 06:14:55 PST

Thanks Denise,

> Artists to Soldiers (brand new)
> http://www.artiststosoldiers.org/
>
> I think participation in this would fall in the category of service
> learning - for which there are many state and local grants (I got a
> $500 grant for a Service Learning Project I did).

> Contact Al Williams designer@awshadows.com
>
> I Like Al already.... Check out his personal web site:
> http://www.awshadows.com/

Folks I have already commissioned Al to make a special box to hold my
Dad's Bible.... Check out the boxes on his site. My box will have a
subtle relief carve of Johannes Richer (Johannes means God is Gracious
- my great-great grandfather). If you are a boxes fan, like I am....
drop Al a line designer@awshadows.com. He can be very reasonable. I
will put a picture of my box on my site when I get it.... It won't be
for a while though as he has several project ahead of me.

More on Artists to Soldiers....

This is just a dream of Al's right now (he has some sample packages
ready to go - but not on the site yet)... You do NOT have to send him
original art work. He wants high quality digital images (so take
higher resolution). He wants the images sent to him via email. So you
will have to attach a few at a time and wait for him to tell you he
received those...then send more. I don't know how large an email file
he can receive. I know the limit on some of my email programs is 10
MB.... so just attach a few images at a time.

Al want practicing artists to participate too.... so TEACHERS send in
a sample of your work too. Maybe even send in a photograph of
Pinwheels for Peace installation (close up?).

Your service learning grant could be for a digital camera...... and/or
photo editing software.

Keep praying that our soldiers will come home soon. Denise, my heart
goes out to you and your husband.

Judy Decker