Re: [teacherartexchange] Does anyone do a Deborah Butterfield Lesson?

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 04:57:42 PST

>> I am working on a lesson page for Deborah
>> Butterfield. Does anyone
>> have a lesson they can share to add?

Best of luck on the Deborah Butterfield lesson. I just "Googled"
her name in an "image" search and got page after page of her
marvelous sculptures. There is one at the Spencer in Kansas City
and several at the DAM in Denver. I love her work. It would be
especially motivational to young girls who are in love with horses.
What a great way to introduce the concept of abstraction and
the re-use of discarded materials to create with in art.
                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons