Re: [teacherartexchange] raise that bar

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 20:29:13 PST

Rebecca Burch wrote:

>*starts thinking of ways to take over all the display cases in the building*

I successfully commandeered most of the display cases at my old HS, and
lots of hallway bulletin boards at the MS (you know, the ones that still
say "Welcome Back!" in February--actually saw that while subbing last
week). The MS teachers were more than happy to let me take over the
"chore" of decorating the bull boards outside their classrooms; it saved
them the trouble. Since the 5th and 6th graders rotated every nine
weeks into my class, they were able to get a preview of what to expect
from art class. At both schools, once I had some reliable students
trained, I could send them out to put up displays, which was a major
privilege.

Maggie