[teacherartexchange] To College Educators on the list - Grant Writing

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 19:48:35 PST

Dear College Professors,

Some of you ask from time to time what we think should be taught in an
undergrad program.... I think grant writing should be a requirement.

This is from a college professor I was "talking" to:

In the writing course that I teach, we spend several classes learning about
grant writing so I have some guidelines that just need to be made ready for
the Internet. Students in this class write real grant proposals and that is
how they've won the research grants. Another student won a small grant from
Target.

The student research grants have averaged about
$2,000. We've won about $10,000 total from all grant sources as a direct
result of teaching students how to write grant proposals.

Probably the two biggest keys to winning a grant is (1) knowing where to
look to find the money that fits the proposal and (2) exactly following
proposal guidelines.
I will add this blurb to the NAEA Grants page. Grant writing
guidelines will be coming soon....Link will be posted.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources