[teacherartexchange] Find out more about the two art works (Islamic Art Article)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 13:12:03 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am exploring MORE about the two works that are featured. You can
actually listen to what Shaw says about his work....

Here is Shaw's Earthly Delights:
http://www.victoria-miro.com/exhibition_artworks/_362/

Now.... Listen in to what he says about it:
http://www.moma.org/visit_moma/audio/2006/spec_exhib/Boundary/Boundary_download.html

Listen yourself - before taking students to this file.

Shahzia Sikander Pleasure Pillars:
http://artscenecal.com/ArtistsFiles/SikanderS/SikanderSFile/SikanderSPics/SSikander4.html

More about her work:
http://artscenecal.com/ArticlesFile/Archive/Articles2005/Articles1005/SSikanderA.html
http://www.crownpoint.com/artists/sikander/about.html
Shahzia Sikander was born in Pakistan in 1969.
Her personal site:
http://www.shahziasikander.com/
on ART 21:
http://www.pbs.org/art21/artists/sikander/

On Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/sikander_shahzia.html

More of Shaw's work can be found online too for those interested.

Just thought I would add this... I should have included it in my
previous email....

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/