Re: [teacherartexchange] raise that bar

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 09:40:55 PST

One year the principle said every department and every teacher
should display. A laudable concept, but it was going to hurt the
amount of student art I could get up. Of course lots of teachers
resisted having to put up a display. I volunteered to take their
assigned time and space. In the end I ended up with enough
display cases and boards. I tried to be diplomatic, yet pushed
enough to find room for student art. Once my efforts took hold
the administration gave in and let me have more areas assigned
just to art. Of course they knew our Annual Art Fair was at
the end of the year, so everything was assigned to art in May.
                                                Woody

On Feb 26, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Rebecca Burch wrote:

> I think that putting EVERYTHING on display is probably the way to go!
>
> *starts thinking of ways to take over all the display cases in the
> building*

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons