[teacherartexchange] FREE Clip Art Site - Plus MLK Note

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 10:44:27 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Some of you ask for clip art sources from time to time.... Here is a
link that came to me today:
Public Domain clip art for Word Processing
http://www.wpclipart.com/

Martin Luther King Jr note:

I responded that I would add a link providing he do the following:

I will add a link on one condition.... you either
remove the "clip art" (photograph) of Martin Luther
King Jr. OR add the statement that: "This image can
only be used for non-commercial educational use. For
an other use, contact the Estate of Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr." The image of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is
NOT in public domain. The image of Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr is considered part of Intellectual Property
controlled by the estate.

I think the Estate of Dr. Martin Luther King would be
a bit upset with you giving full use of his image. I
am not even permitted to put his image on lesson pages
using him as a hero. I had to take my images off and
am waiting now about 5 more weeks to find out if I can
put his image back on my site. I had to submit two
lengthy application forms.
-------------------------
Now back to my message to you....

"Oh Judy you didn't -- you real *B* " (in a good way) ......

Grab that image of Martin Luther King Jr now if you need it. That
photograph itself IS in public domain. If you miss the opportunity. I
did save it to file myself. The image is in the People - History
section (it is a good photo of him speaking)

I have actually given up hope of having my request to use King's image
approved. I worded my lesson pages accordingly.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Nora-Hero.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/r-king.htm

Please continue to use your Fair Use.... getting permission is next to
impossible.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department