Re: [teacherartexchange] raise that bar

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 10:06:43 PST

Thanks, Judy.

Thanks for the post, and I think you're right-on, about everything!

I think this time of year is hard on everyone, anyway. I think people
are just looking for "signs of life." They were so motivated when
this 9-weeks began, but the weather got nasty, there was a tragic
event in the community, and I think everyone's just been kind of
"blah," anyway -- myself included! So I think we're all in the "I
just want what's easy" mindset, and we need to get back to really
<i>creating.</i>

Thankfully, I have tomorrow "off!" My husband is taking the kids
snow-tubing, and I plan to FINALLY delve deeper into Marvin's webiste,
and also the archives here and all the new stuff I've gotten excited
about this week. (Altered books!!!) I think I've been given
everything I need to give my program a makeover, and I'm pretty
excited to put this all into motion.

Thanks again to Judy and everyone who has been posting new ideas here.
 Even if I don't see posts in response to my questions, I am always
finding new ideas that make me excited about not just <i>creating</i>
but <i>teaching</i>, as well.

:)

Becky