Re: [teacherartexchange] raise that bar

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 07:50:39 PST

Hi Becky,

More is "rattling" around in my head now for you..... Go back in the
archives to when there was all the discussion about ideas that come
quickly being "pond scum" It should be easy to find if you enter pond
scum and teacherartexchange in Google. Just keep in mind that
sometimes the FIRST ideas a person comes up with are often the BEST
ideas. I would not make the kiddies throw away their first ideas....
they should keep them to see how they develop.

Something has happened.... kids are just not motivated to think they
want the easy (I know this isn't the case in all classrooms... I am
just making a general statement). You as art teachers are the best
resource around to change this.

You are off to a good start.... as now YOU too are putting "some thought and
effort" into your work. When something isn't working - you work to
change. Don't toss out what is working in the process. I would TALK to
the kids about what is and isn't working, too.... You will be
surprised what all they KNOW. Then take their advice, too (as I did in
my teaching). Reflection is a good thing... change is a good thing
(smile).

Yes folks... I know I "boo-booed" again when I posted at nearly 2:00
am.... I forgot to clip Becky's email address... I did the right thing
this time. Another reason to clip email addresses is to avoid
addresses being grabbed for sending spoof virus emails. Hard to
believe, but many folks actually posted the list that I was sending
viruses....silly them! So to keep email bots from grabbing this
address..... please clip it when you make a reply. It is very easy to
do.

Becky - if you still need more.... I will find the posts in Art
Education list....but I think you got some good advice to get started
evaluating the situation.

Regards,

Judy Decker