Re: [teacherartexchange] raise that bar

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 18:13:07 PST

On Feb 24, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Mikel Lee wrote:

> Personally, I have found that the one guaranteed sure
> way to have my students raise "their bar" is to
> require them to exhibit. It takes more work on my
> part, but I make everyone show their art work.

I had 150 or so students but I displayed/exhibited as much as I could.
But in my sixth grade classes, I always started each new quarter with
what
I called a "sure fire success project". And I displayed every last one
of them outside the classroom. I had the entire class back their work
for display, then attach a prepared name tag. It's good to let them know
right off the bat that their work will be seen and it better be their
best effort. Don't let them think you only put up the good stuff. Make
them create the good stuff so they can be proud.
                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons