Re: [teacherartexchange] How to Land that "Dream" Art Job - make a personal web site

---------

From: Blue (blue_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 07:55:51 PST

Wow!
This information could not have come at a better time for me - today I take
my comps! One of my questions will revolve around DBAE, which provides a
great foundation for teaching in the art classroom, but I do not believe it
is the only way. There are other philosophies and concepts out there that
provide additional instruction tips, techniques, etc. for teaching in the
classroom including Aesthetic Education and Propel (wondering if TABs is a
part of this study???). Other categories that can be molded within DBAE
include assesment, not just the traditional critique - but teacher assesment
(a huge part of National Boards), and visual culture (currently being hotly
debated - but why not include it??), and much more. DBAE SHOULD be more
inclusive, either by physically adding it to the philosophy or using these
other philosophies being developed as support structures. I would expound
more, but I must go study. Thanks for sending out this info!

M. Blue Horn
Art Educator
Birmingham, Alabama