Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] How to Land that "Dream" Art Job - make a personal web site

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 07:30:58 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have been "talking" with Alica Garcia. She is a new art teacher
(student teaching right now) - more later on our "conversations" .....
I will say that she really has what it takes to succeed. Check out her
own personal web site:

I bet she will now add something to her philosophy on Choice. She has
found "it"..... The MIX of Discipline Based Art Education and TAB
She has just joined the TAB list and likes what she sees and hears. I
can't wait to hear how her first year of teaching goes (next school

For more ideas on how to land that dream job:

Today's job market is very competitive. Art Teachers need to show they
know how to use the technology. I imagine Alica has a more complete
electronic portfolio on CD that she also will submit - along with
PowerPoint presentation sample and such. Alicia, schools will want to
see that you have experience in all media. Will you be putting some
3-D work on your site? Maybe add a page 2 with some ceramics and

Alicia continue to explore the new. Alicia, will you keep this web
address? I would like to add a link on this page:
(reply to me off list)

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources