[teacherartexchange] Fabric Relief Prints to introduce Collagraph Concept - Lesson to Guide

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 07:07:31 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I know I have seen this lesson plan before.... but don't remember if I
posted it:

FABRIC TEXTURE PRINTING -relief printing
http://www.eduref.org/cgi-bin/printlessons.cgi/Virtual/Lessons/Arts/Visual_Arts/ARA0018.html

Collect numerous samples of fabric for this art lesson
plan, including corduroys and some rougher textures for
good variation. Students will make their own texture designs using
cardboard as the base and gluing on various fabrics, then printing
with their fabric patch block for
some interesting designs and patterns with texture.

This lesson link was shared in Riverdeep Newsletter today.
Find details on how to subscribe at:
http://rivapprod2.riverdeep.net/pls/portal/url/page/RVDP_CF/CFSC

This can be the start to guide you in a lesson on collagraph prints.
If you have an etching press.... you can also protect the plate with
gesso and acrylic medium - then print intaglio style using your press.
Note: Corduroy will take a couple thin coats of acrylic medium or it
will really hold the ink too much.

I will be adding this link to the lesson plans on collagraph prints
now..... Those of you considering TAB Choice, can see how this can
added to your printmaking centers.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department