[teacherartexchange] Good article about Goya in NY Times

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 05:22:33 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

I know some of you don't like seeing these NY Times posts..... but
each time I DO post these things, someone emails me that they signed
up.... so....I will apologize in advance now for all future postings
(that works for me - smile). NY Times is FREE. Sign up for it. I only
check the Arts Features.

Today was Goya:

Goya, Unflinching, Defied Old Age
By MICHAEL KIMMELMAN
"The great satirist's late works as seen at the Frick Collection
achieve a whole new level of freedom and depth, haunted by death but
exalted."
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/24/arts/design/24goya.html?_r=1&th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print

You won't be able to see this unless you subscribe:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/24/arts/design/24goya.html?th&emc=th

To learn more about Goya:
Goya's Last Works - at the Frick:
http://www.frick.org/exhibitions/goya/index.htm

On Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/goya_francisco_de.html
they use his signature for his name on this page - Francisco de Goya y Lucientes
(Francisco is abbreviated in signature)

Goya on Spanish Arts:
http://www.spanisharts.com/prado/goya.htm

Enjoy your surf,