RE: [teacherartexchange] ceramic bobblehead dolls

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 18:40:22 PST

I made bobblehead dolls as a papermache project this year. I used a huggie
drink bottle filled with sand, dries beans or whatever we could find. The
top was filled with plasticine clay facross the top of the bottle. The head
was a 1" styrofoam ball with papermache over it to form whatever it was to
become. We made springs with 22 guage wire. We poked a hole in the
plasticine clay and in the bottom of the head with a compass point. Then I
stuck the wire spring into both with the aid of a glue gun. You would
probably need a stronger wire than that for a ceramic bobblehead.

MJHadley