[teacherartexchange] NAEA CALL FOR PAPERS ON ECO-RESPONSIBILITY AND ART EDUCATION

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 16:04:58 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I just received this from NAEA..... I imagine all of you members receive it too.

NATIONAL ART EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Office of the Executive Director
Phone 703-860-8000 Fax 703-860-2960

Thursday, February 23, 2006

NAEA CALL FOR PAPERS ON ECO-RESPONSIBILITY AND ART EDUCATION

Special Issue of Studies in Art Education

Locally and globally, everyone needs to play a role in slowing the epidemic
of pollution and over-consumption. Studies in Art Education will publish a
special issue of scholarly papers addressing the opportunities and
responsibilities in art education to nurture conversation and
consideration for how we think about our environment. Inherent in the
nature of art education are those
fecund spaces high with possibility for dialogue, consideration and critique of
difficult and incisive images and issues. It is this propensity in art
education that opens the possibility to re-evaluate our place in
nature. It is this
propensity that obligates us to integrate environmental education into the core
of what art education is all about.

Manuscripts for this special issue may address a generous range of issues and
represent a variety of perspectives and research experiences. The following
are considerations of what might be addressed as they relate to
eco-responsibility and art education: visual culture and green
education; technology and environmental awareness; environment as an
integrating context; environment art museums; research methodologies
and environmental concerns; philosophical, theoretical, historical
perspectives; interdisciplinarity in art and environmental and
humanistic science; artists as environmental researchers;
environmental art design; implications on policy and praxis; reports
of exemplary studies; etc.

Manuscripts for this special issue follow established submission guidelines
and should be sent to the Senior Editor of Studies in Art Education, Dr.
Candace Jesse Stout, The Ohio State University, Department of Art Education, 258
Hopkins Hall, 128 North Oval Mall, Columbus, Ohio 43210-1363.

Deadline for submission: December 1, 2006

So..... Continue to recycle images you find.... save the environment -
then write a paper about your efforts (smile).

I will be adding this to Art News (NAEA NEWS) on IAD.... soon.

Judy Decker