Re: [teacherartexchange] Ways your school honors faculty

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 07:34:32 PST

Well...one thing for sure.... teachers like to eat...so for our faculty
meetings...which we only had once a month (department heads/chairs meet once
a week and funnel info back to their departments)...the different
departments/clubs, etc. would take turns being responsible for providing
refreshments for the faculty meetings...which were held right after school.

Also...we had a committee that went out in the neighborhood and got
different companies to donate coupons/gift certificates for a meal for one
or two...so at each faculty meeting, they would "draw names from a
hat"...and usually they'd have at least five or six gift certificates to
give away. Sometimes...of they didn't have enough gift certificates, the
names drawn would get a $5 bill...but the gift certificates are much
better...and we found that businesses were very responsive in supporting the
teachers.

One year...all teachers who were working on National Board Certification got
a new computer for their room.

Carolyn