[teacherartexchange] Art teachers nurture creative and critical thinking

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 06:56:11 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Dr. Marvin Bartel wrote, "Art teachers nurture creative and critical
thinking through art for No MIND Left Behind."

See his essay: http://www.bartelart.com/arted/ideas.html

I have reading (and listening the lists and my husband) that students
today lack imagination.... Who is to blame for this? Well... I
certainly blame the standardized tests.... the teaching to get the
right answer.... but are Art Teachers to blame too?

If some of you are also wondering .... I again invite you to join in
TAB Choice list serve.... lurk.... listen.... and ask questions. Their
students do not lack imagination nor do they lack ideas (for the most
part.... smile).
Again... please ignore the posts that were made in jest of what you do
in the classroom. You are not doing anything wrong.

If you like what you see and "hear".... Follow Marvin's suggestion
below and ask for professional development time off and monies to
visit on of these classrooms in action. There are many, many good ones
represented on the list serve.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Was: Re: [teacherartexchange] Ways your school honors faculty

MIND Left Behind. http://www.bartelart.com/arted/ideas.html