Re: [teacherartexchange] Ways your school honors faculty

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 06:27:45 PST

That is a really good idea. I think the thing I like most about my
current school is that our inservices are always something the
teachers <i>need.</i> Last year, we had some really bad things happen
to some teachers on the staff, and the stress level was so high. We
had a speaker who talked to us about stress management, a massage
therapist, and then we had the afternoon to ourselves to go out to eat
with our colleagues. This year, we all went to a local museum for a
perfomance, exhibit, and Imax movie.

This is a far cry from my last job, where inservices were usually all
day long, mandatory, and involved some so-called "authority" barking
at us about why the kids aren't achieving and how it is all our fault.

Becky