re:[teacherartexchange] craftsmanship

---------

From: Jennifer McGlothlin (jlmcglothlin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 09:52:57 PST

I ment to send this sooner but I haven't gotten the hang of this list
yet. Thank you all to your advise on Craftsmanship. I actually have
three art shows coming up before the end of the school year. One of
which is an art auction held in my school. The students can earn money
for their work and the school gets a small percentage for supplies. I
started this last year and it went pretty well. When I told my students
about the art shows they were very excited. I also talked about pride in
their work and I think they understood that much more than me using the
word "craftsmanship". I also wanted to say that I do take other things
into consideration when grading work. I look at effort, participation
and clean-up along with craftsmanship for each project. I am so happy I
signed up for this listserve. I am a relatively new teacher and can
always use some advise in giving my students the best artistic
experience possible.

Thank you all again,

Jenn

*
*
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address
is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law,
which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third
parties, including law enforcement.