[teacherartexchange] Holocaust Art - Stephen Alcorn - Relief Printmaking

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 15:21:45 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am browsing Stephen Alcorn's site again.... There is just so much to see.
I clicked on this link for the first time today and it took me to an
article about Stephen and his techniques:
http://www.cbcbooks.org/cbcmagazine/studio/stephen_alcorn_studio.html

Here are some books about the Holocaust that he has illustrated:
Nazi Germany: The Face of Tyranny by Ted Gottfried (The Millbrook Press)
Heroes of the Holocaust by Ted Gottfried (The Millbrook Press)
The Children of the Holocaust by Ted Gottfried (The Millbrook Press)
Displaced Persons by Ted Gottfried (The Millbrook Press)
Deniers of The Holocaust by Ted Gottfried (The Millbrook Press)

Some of the prints:
http://www.alcorngallery.com/Holocaust.html

Book illustrations:
http://www.alcorngallery.com/illustration.php

Check the Print Galleries on Stephen's site:
http://www.alcorngallery.com/

If anyone wants some more images of Stephen's works for a lesson on
Holocaust art - Expressionism (as the work closely parallels German
Expressionists prints) let me know. I will ask Stephen to send me some
images for a PowerPoint.

Kris Fontes is doing a lesson with her students using Stephen's prints
for inspiration. If anyone else does a lesson, please send me an image
for a lesson. I will be putting a lesson on IAD.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources